Grafenegg Castle Courtyard
In the courtyard of the castle, you can trace Grafenegg's transformation from Renaissance to Historicism. Construction work (around 1840 to 1880) began in the northern part and progressed counterclockwise. In the northern part, one looks at the somewhat faded open-air painting «Return from the Hunt», by Ferenc Storno the Elder. Essentially, the building fabric was retained, but visually completely changed by the massive addition of gables, arcades and façade decorations. The imposing tower catches the eye: the mighty keep - with an outer walkway, four corner towers and a steep wedge roof - shapes the face of the courtyard.
In the summer months, the courtyard of the castle is used as a stage for afternoon chamber music concerts. The Prelude Concert is a pre-concert that matches the evening concert and takes place every Saturday and Sunday during the summer at our own events (in the Castle Courtyard or in the Reitschule). Enjoy chamber music in exciting formations and constellations! A ticket for the evening concert is required. Free seating, limited capacity.